Help me love the 300BLK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Jcargile

Re: Help me love the 300BLK

Post by Jcargile »

You guys are great!

Thank you for the input!

Normally, the info I have seen makes the 308 seem more than a bit tricky to load subs; but, I am considering buying a box of the Tubs 2 hole and see if I can replicate it,

I am warming up to the 300BLK from the responses. That Barrett is nice for an AR, but, if I never have to clean another AR or deal with Barrett CS it may add a few years to my life!

I am going to hunt down this X95.
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

Kilted wrote:And if we're talking about a 16" carbine, I think the 5.56mm has advantages over the 300 BLK (heresy! burn the heretic!), in terms of trajectory and time-to-target.

For me---and I could be a loon for thinking this way, but if so, well a loon I am----the 300 BLK shines as a SBR around the 9-10" barrel length, and it ain't bad at all as a 16" carbine.
I'm sensing an internal mood shift myself the last few months too. I love everything about my 2-stamp CQB, but lately have been running cost analyses on resale value of my 16" upper in favor of building a Valkyrie... light the torches and hang me in the public square, I know, I know...
Kilted

Post by Kilted »

BoomerVF14 wrote:
Kilted wrote:And if we're talking about a 16" carbine, I think the 5.56mm has advantages over the 300 BLK (heresy! burn the heretic!), in terms of trajectory and time-to-target.

For me---and I could be a loon for thinking this way, but if so, well a loon I am----the 300 BLK shines as a SBR around the 9-10" barrel length, and it ain't bad at all as a 16" carbine.
I'm sensing an internal mood shift myself the last few months too. I love everything about my 2-stamp CQB, but lately have been running cost analyses on resale value of my 16" upper in favor of building a Valkyrie... light the torches and hang me in the public square, I know, I know...
If you're shooting a 'direct impingement' self loading rifle, I cast no stones, I burn no heretics! Let's face it, today our platform is dirt cheap, so if something catches your eye, what's the harm in chasing it down and trying it out?
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

Kilted wrote:
BoomerVF14 wrote:

If you're shooting a 'direct impingement' self loading rifle, I cast no stones, I burn no heretics! Let's face it, today our platform is dirt cheap, so if something catches your eye, what's the harm in chasing it down and trying it out?
Uh-oh. I've got a piston :oops: