Ice Skating uphill.......

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ice Skating uphill.......

Post by GunFunZS »

Bill Ruger Sr. In the 1990s. Company has changed since his son took over. I tend to think they aren't looking back, so I don't hold the grudge too much. I do want to incentivise companies for correcting bad behavior. Jr. started selling 25 shot 10/22 mags, and making AR15s and then silencers pretty soon after dad was gone. Each step was a careful adjustment of the company image from fuddly to tacticool.

Ruger Sr, also had a very obvious contempt for his less fuddy customer base, hence the excess of safety mechanisms, heavy triggers and printing the whole manual on the barrel. His old timey gun buyers got fine triggers and pretty guns without the script, i.e. model #1, not-a-highwall, red label, and the cowboy pistols. (personal gripe, since everyone blames the lawyers, instead of the company policy. The other companies didn't pull that garbage, and they had lawyers too. Obviously if the legal situation required those steps, it would be applied to all ruger's products, and also the competitors. ) There's a famous incident in which a guy slipped in a truck bed and had an A.D. that lead to a lawsuit. After that, Bill seemed to think that most of us are morons, and that CYA is the most important thing.

He also had some attitudes I liked, such as the notion that all his guns should be available in base model for less than a week's pay for a normal guy. And he made a lot of innovative things and hired people like Jim Sullivan.

This covers it well enough.
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?t ... wb.441008/

Beemiller of HiPoint was always of that attitude, and gave a lot of class based talk about how his guns were for the common man, and what the common man needed and didn't need. I'm too lazy to find quotes, but they aren't hard to find. He was prolific. Hence some of their inexplicably low capacities post AWB and avoiding obvious moves like making their guns take existing mags, i.e. 1911 mags for their 45 ACP, and doublestack glock mags or whatever for their 9mm stuff.

Also pretty much all the US big companies supported Bush 1 blocking imports of guns under 922(r) sporting purpose rationale. They are much more into marketshare than they are into rights. Though, I think a lot of the companies have learned that their customer base won't tolerate this, and that we are a lot more informed now, and a lot less dependant on bought out organizations (NRA) and gun rags to tell us what we should think of their corporate behavior.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

I think part of the problem with Yeti was that someones ex/wife or someone close to the company brass showed up at some of the Parkland anti-gun rallies. It was a stretch, but combined with splitting from the NRA product line it took fire.

Why fact check when you have a perfectly good reason to blow up a $500 cooler with some tannerite and post it somewhere?
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

dellet wrote:I think Why fact check when you have a perfectly good reason to blow up a $500 cooler with some tannerite and post it somewhere?
YouTube search on "yeti cooler tannerite" now about to consume the rest of my evening :lol: