Ice Skating uphill.......

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Ice Skating uphill.......

Post by rebel »

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... rms-sales/

As a legal business owner this really ticks me off. Having a brick and mortar store, I tend to encourage folks to keep their money local, but it's the principal of this that angers me.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Ice Skating uphill.......

Post by 10Driver »

Someone should complain to the ACLU about their Civil Rights being violated. :evil:
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

What scum.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

A friend of mine has a credit card processing business, and he is always ticked about the shady stuff that most companies pull

His company uses Blue Dog processing, and he likes to market to gun stores, because he guarantees that one way or another every legit credit card purchase will go through and his company can switch around with the big national companies that push stupid policies like this. That way, it works.
Smurky
Silent Operator
Location: Democratic Peoples Republik of Dane County Wisconsin

Post by Smurky »

Typical leftist underhanded ploy, can't change opinion to get their way so keep coming at it for different directions. It's the whatever it takes means to an end and all because they KNOW they're right. This really sucks and the only way to fight back is economically. I only hope there's enough negative press that this has an effect on them.
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I heard/read Yeti has some anti-gun/anti-ar restrictions. But they sponsor hunting shows and sell to hunters. Does anyone know what restriction it is? I cannot recall. I believe they support the anti-ar stance
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

10ring1 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I heard/read Yeti has some anti-gun/anti-ar restrictions. But they sponsor hunting shows and sell to hunters. Does anyone know what restriction it is? I cannot recall. I believe they support the anti-ar stance
I heard that, can't really confirm - you know, internet garbage on gun forums. Can't afford the chinese plastic and foam anyway.....
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

I asked for confirmation on that yeti thing over a month ago, and all anyone could come up with was that they chose a different charity to donate to instead of NRA this financial year. No negative statements about NRA or guns. It sounded like a classic knee jerk over reaction. Nothing meaningful came up in searches. My conclusion pending other evidence, is that yeti is just an inexplicably trendy company selling overpriced travel mugs that don't fit in cup holders, and was the victim of a nonsensical overreaction to a stance they didn't take.

like those things you see 3x a year, where someone is posting on social media ~"office depot made this veteran cry, Let's all boycot them!!!!!!!!!!" and when you look into it, he tried to return a toaster he bought at walmart to office depot, and started yelling that he was a veteran and deserved more respect and causing a scene, or whatever... It's seldom about what the clickbait makes it sound like it is about.

Moreover, we don't have the staying power to make a boycott stick over real stuff, like ruger and S&W endorsing the AWB, cabelas legitimately having an anti CCW policy that they softly and quietly rolled back, but didn't actually rescind...

I am really slow to get on a bandwagon for these lynch mobs. At least 3/4 have not checked out when I checked into them, and I think it promotes injustice and dilutes the credibility of the firearms community.

Being reactionary people who don't take 2 minutes to fact check is bad whichever side of the aisle we're on. I say we should leave that crap for the anti's and the leftists, and choose to be credible people who wait for the evidence before we endorse a position.

p.s. All my sippy cups are Contigo, which are near perfection from a functional perspective. I'm a contigo fanboy.
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

p.s. I think a person or company can deduce that the NRA does a pretty lousy job of using the money they get. I would prefer to see companies donate to 2AF, or GOA, or even directly to candidates or campaigns for or against initiatives. I think it would be a meaningful step to protect our rights rather than a half hearted marketing gesture.
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

GunFunZS wrote:like Ruger and S&W endorsing the AWB
Ugh. I had no clue. :oops: I've got an SR-22 and an M&P15-22 in my safe and consider(ed?) myself a Ruger fan. Quick web search isn't turning up much but there is a lot of static on the net... is there a good link to the reporting? Not trying to dispute, just would like to fill in my obvious knowledge gap. :mad: