First post, though you've already helped.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

beardedspoooon

First post, though you've already helped.

Post by beardedspoooon »

Put together a blackout pistol and had a bunch of problems that were solved by browsing this forum. :D

Finally shooting supersonic reliably and will be able to start having fun with it.

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: First post, though you've already helped.

Post by rebel »

That's great. Glad some folks still read and comprehend. Trust me, that is a high compliment because I don't see it often. Since you are not afraid to post a target, check out the 2018 shooting challenge thread and give it a whirl. We need more new blood doing active things.
Welcome and enjoy.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

nice looking pistol!
peace through superior firepower
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

What rounds you been shooting? And what red dot is that? As Rebel said, good to hear people are reading on here and taking in alot of the great knowledge and time that has been shared.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
beardedspoooon

Post by beardedspoooon »

Thanks guys! So glad to have the gun up and running.

Shooting some Magtech and Sellier and Bellot plinking rounds. I remember when I thought .223 was expensive to shoot.

The red dot is one of the holosun green dots. Very visible and easy to pick up, beat out the eotech for a spot on the gun.

Shooting challenge sounds fun, unfortunately I'm stuck shooting indoors at 25 yards unless I take time off work.
alamo5000
Silent But Deadly

Post by alamo5000 »

beardedspoooon wrote:Thanks guys! So glad to have the gun up and running.

Shooting some Magtech and Sellier and Bellot plinking rounds. I remember when I thought .223 was expensive to shoot.

The red dot is one of the holosun green dots. Very visible and easy to pick up, beat out the eotech for a spot on the gun.

Shooting challenge sounds fun, unfortunately I'm stuck shooting indoors at 25 yards unless I take time off work.

Start reloading! You will have more questions. LOL!

The gun looks awesome.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

^^ what they said.

seriously, look into reloading. you can load high quality blackout ammo for about the price of federal red box bulk 223 at wally world, or a little cheaper if you can manage to score some blems on sale.

what you'll "save" on ammo will "pay for" your reloading kit in no time.

speaking of saving $ - let me bust that myth right here and now....

reloading wont save you one red cent. anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something :)
what happens is you just get to shoot a bit more for the ammo budget you already have :)

PS: once you have the equipment for one caliber, another caliber change for most presses is like... maybe another $50-$100 (depending on what dies, extra bushings, etc). so the blackout may end up being the catalyst, but once it does you will eventually end up reloading just about every other caliber you have. and at least one you dont already have :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
beardedspoooon

Post by beardedspoooon »

plant.one wrote:^^ what they said.

PS: once you have the equipment for one caliber, another caliber change for most presses is like... maybe another $50-$100 (depending on what dies, extra bushings, etc). so the blackout may end up being the catalyst, but once it does you will eventually end up reloading just about every other caliber you have. and at least one you dont already have :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Another rabbit hole, just what I need. :D