Durable AGB

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Durable AGB

Post by 10Driver »

Is there a reliable and durable AGB to use in a short barrel 300 Blackout build?

I’ve seen recommendations for the Superlative bleed AGB, the SLR AGB and some older reccomendations for an Odin.

I’m interested in simple to adjust while under a hand guard and easy to maintain/clean for the lifetime of the build. Obviously, reliability is also paramount to a build.

I think there’s general interest in these builds, but I’m primarily interested in light, medium, and heavy supers
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: Durable AGB

Post by golfindia »

SLR sucks.

I got a toolless model for an overgassed 308. The "tooless" part broke off after less than 10rds. SLR told me I was SOL, because they quit making that model... So, I put the (teeny tiny) allen screw adjuster in it. It froze up after 2 outings and is now stripped. I gave up and just bought a new barrel for about the same price as their crappy gas blocks.
triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator

Post by triggerman300 »

The Seekins I've used works well.
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

I happen to like my SLR Sentry. You do have to cycle and lube the adjuster screw after use to keep it from freezing in place.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

2manyToys wrote:I happen to like my SLR Sentry. You do have to cycle and lube the adjuster screw after use to keep it from freezing in place.
+1 on that.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

+2 on the Sentry
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
alamo5000
Silent But Deadly

Post by alamo5000 »

golfindia wrote:SLR sucks.

I got a toolless model for an overgassed 308. The "tooless" part broke off after less than 10rds. SLR told me I was SOL, because they quit making that model... So, I put the (teeny tiny) allen screw adjuster in it. It froze up after 2 outings and is now stripped. I gave up and just bought a new barrel for about the same price as their crappy gas blocks.
I have the polar opposite experience with SLR. Not older models though. I have their adjustables on 3 AR's and 2 SBR's and they have been golden for me.
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

I use the SLR as well. I use the long allen screw driver to adjust it after every range session. I haven't had any issues as of yet. Crank it closed. Clean the gun. Click it back open to your favorite setting.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i'll give another +1 for the SLR sentry series.

nice block, and worth the $$ imho.

having tried a couple cheaper types before switching, i dont regret it at all.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 10Driver »

So, With an adjustable gas block, you clean your gun every time you shoot it?