Speer Gold Dot 150 BLK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Re: Speer Gold Dot 150 BLK

Post by Sig220 »

Dang Kanook....that is a hell of a story! Do you have an idea of what he weighed?
rebel wrote:Sig you will receive in the mail a 24 pack of mustard packets from my local diner as being the first kill pic with these bullets. :mrgreen:
Good job, great shot!
I am surprised you don't send a tissue to wipe the milk from its mouth. :lol: I still don't get it....it was a tiny doe that was lactating.... :roll: Wasn't with a fawn, was with a nubbin buck just a little smaller then her. But with the weather we have had, it may have stunted her growth! A 10 point buck taken off that lease weighed 90 pounds!

I will hunt family land later in the year that always has big deer on it (in another state)!
Kanook

Post by Kanook »

Sig220 wrote:Dang Kanook....that is a hell of a story! Do you have an idea of what he weighed?
My friend said she thought about 185lbs. She does Taxidermy and will be doing my mount.

I have alot of ailments to prevent me from picking up heavy things (Dr orders nothing over 40lbs) so that why the lady guess.
300 Blackout.....American as Apple Pie
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Kanook wrote:(How do I post pictures of Deer and heart?)
You have to load them to a hosting site and paste the [ IMG ] link here. Check out this thread for how-to: viewtopic.php?t=84314

I do hope you're successful, because until you post pics you didn't kill a deer. :mrgreen:
Kanook

Post by Kanook »

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Sig220 wrote:Dang Kanook....that is a hell of a story! Do you have an idea of what he weighed?
rebel wrote:Sig you will receive in the mail a 24 pack of mustard packets from my local diner as being the first kill pic with these bullets. :mrgreen:
Good job, great shot!
I am surprised you don't send a tissue to wipe the milk from its mouth. :lol: I still don't get it....it was a tiny doe that was lactating.... :roll: Wasn't with a fawn, was with a nubbin buck just a little smaller then her. But with the weather we have had, it may have stunted her growth! A 10 point buck taken off that lease weighed 90 pounds!

I will hunt family land later in the year that always has big deer on it (in another state)!
No I don't give a crap how big or small it was. A jar of mustard is generally our first place prize for winners of shooting contests here. Thought about a velvet Elvis painting, but mustard won out.
Since you were the first to post a pic, you won some mustard :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Kanook wrote:https://ibb.co/fHL1hA
That'll work. 'Course it's not too hard to kill a deer that already has a hole shot in his heart. :lol: That's pretty amazing. I've seen more than a few deer and javelina that had been previously shot with various weaponry, but never one in the heart.

How did the inside look? Any idea what velocity your loads are shooting?
Kanook

Post by Kanook »

Exit, Entry, Scaring
Kanook

Post by Kanook »

I don't have a chrono (Christmas is coming) but I'm running 18 grains even. At 18.5 I was getting flat primers and in LC brass the primers were coming out. The max listed is 18.8 for 1924, the starting is 17.2 for 1748, so a guess (would be wrong) says around 18 something
rhyned

Post by rhyned »

Two does have been killed with this bullet between Me and my daughter. I'm pleased with it, so far. Distances between 50 and 75 yds.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

I'm leaving for my hog camp in the morning. I'm going to use the 150 gr. G.D.s in my Mini 14. hopefully the creek will be down and the hogs are around.
peace through superior firepower