Seller and Bellot 200 grain subsonic

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RockHard13F

Seller and Bellot 200 grain subsonic

Post by RockHard13F »

Good evening!

I can't seem to find a while lot of info on this round...has anyone had stabilization issues with it? Anyone run it through a chronograph?

Any reason to avoid it? It would be shot out of my 9" AAC 1:7 twist and my wife's 8" Aero precision 1:8 twist, both with suppressors on them.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Re: Seller and Bellot 200 grain subsonic

Post by hardcase »

Not really the answer you are looking for but with two of you shooting consider handloading.
RockHard13F

Post by RockHard13F »

Unfortunately due to where we live, and both of us working and living extensively overseas, reloading isn't a practical option for us during the next few years.
Mysguidednlv

Post by Mysguidednlv »

I’ve run S&B 200gr subs with good results out of my 16” 1:8. Haven’t tried on the 9” 1:7 but suspect they will be gtg. No issues with stability or cycling.

If II recall correctly, they were running up around 1080ish out of the 16” but I will confirm that tonight. Out of a 9” you should have no issues keepthing them sub and stable that is your goal. They run fairly clean as well, and are pretty darn inexpensive.

***Edit***

Here are my Chrono numbers for these last time I was out using the 16”...

1032 / 1018 / 1015 / 1001 / 1000

If you are planning on running these through a can, you should be in pretty good shape. That being said, I would definitely run them without the can first and not risk your cans on an 80cent round.
45scw

Post by 45scw »

I am fairly new to the 300 BLK, but not ARs.

So far, I really like shooting the 200 grain Sellier and Bellot out of an unsuppressed 14.7 inch barrel. I will second that it is fairly clean and it has been reliable.

My biggest impression is that it is very quiet without a suppresser out of the longer barrel.
remanaz

Post by remanaz »

I shoot this round thru my 9", 10.5" and 16" 300bo uppers. It has f=performed good in all of them both suppressed and unsuppressed. Stays quite in all three lengths.
ur2ez22

Post by ur2ez22 »

Have people continued having good results with this ammo? And how is the brass, does it work well for reloading afterwards? Looking to start out with some bulk ammo but in a brass I can reload from there.
jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Post by jimmyheadgear »

It didn't rank good in this video. :(

https://youtu.be/eqcSWzGdgjs
BoomerVF14
Silent But Deadly

Post by BoomerVF14 »

ur2ez22 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:28 amAnd how is the brass, does it work well for reloading afterwards?
I picked up about 80 rounds of S&B at the range from a nearby lane who was going to discard them so I knew they were once-fired. They measured a little long so most of them I had to trim a couple thounsandths to get to 1.360". Neck tension was a consistent .003" and the primers (all tested good with the Ballistic Tools primer pocket gauge) went in smooth as glass compared to my re-man'd FC/LC stuff.

I realize S&B is on the "potential problems" list on this forum, but so far I haven't had any issue except one. One single case had a weird issue where something got hung up in my Forster press, and the COAL/CBTO numbers were way off all the others. I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I just pulled/discarded that case and all the others were fine.