Battle-Bar reviews?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Battle-Bar reviews?

Post by AR-300 »

Looks superior to the BAD lever.
Anyone have one and could comment?
PSA 10.5" & 16'' FN CHF CL 300 AAC Blackout
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Re: Battle-Bar reviews?

Post by AR-300 »

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Concept is cool but I am not willing to spend $80 + s&h for something that is not necessary.
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

I have BAD levers on all of my AR's and I instantly notice when I pick up a rifle without one. I am so used to it now I'll never have an AR without one. The Battlebar seems interesting and I love that something "new" came out for the AR's, but the cost is a killer for me. If I was new to AR's and were interested in something like this, I'd still go with the BAD lever simply because of cost. They both accomplish the same objective, but one does it at almost a fourth of the cost.

What (in your mind) makes the Battlebar superior to the BAD lever?
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Post by AR-300 »

I have a Bad lever, and the first time I dropped the bolt with it, my finger slipped touched the trigger and sent a round down range.
Being safety conscious, range was hot, gun on target and muffs on, but still disconcerting.
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Post by AR-300 »

This solution no where near the trigger
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

AR-300 wrote:I have a Bad lever, and the first time I dropped the bolt with it, my finger slipped touched the trigger and sent a round down range.
Being safety conscious, range was hot, gun on target and muffs on, but still disconcerting.
No offense; but just sounds like user error to me, i have a bad lever and have never accidentally hit it and pulled the trigger even with my elf set to 2.5 - 3 lbs.

The bad lever is used with a downward swiping motion not a rearward toward the trigger motion, the way i run it is swipe down to drop the bolt home and trigger finger goes directly to a safe rest outside the trigger gaurd unless im in immediate need to go straight to the trigger, but then again it is a deliberate movement to the trigger but consciously and in control so as not to jerk the trigger but go to the face stop and fire when ready.

Remember your trigger finger is your safety also even before a manual safety.

As to the battle bar i cant comment bc ive never used one, looks ok, but too pricey like others have said.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Post by AR-300 »

Definitely user error. Now I put on the safety before dropping the bolt.
But scary, so I am looking for a better option to the BAD lever
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

Mega ambi lower. Sure, it costs more than an Anderson or PSA lower plus the BAD or even the Battle-bar, but they're machined to perfection and that's worth something to me. And there's nothing extra on the side of the rifle or in the trigger guard where it doesn't belong. :mrgreen:
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

Jim Timber wrote:Mega ambi lower. Sure, it costs more than an Anderson or PSA lower plus the BAD or even the Battle-bar, but they're machined to perfection and that's worth something to me. And there's nothing extra on the side of the rifle or in the trigger guard where it doesn't belong. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: