Chronograph suggestions

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Chronograph suggestions

Post by ozleux »

Looks like my Caldwell chrono died today, between yesterday and today. It didn't die from being shot (though the thought crossed my mind from time to time :mrgreen: ), it went peacefully in its sleep between sessions :cry: So now it looks like I'm in the market for a new one. Does anyone know how the Labradar and Magnetospeed do with subsonic rounds? Any pros and cons to any brand?

Thanks
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Chronograph suggestions

Post by smustian »

Pro Chrono. Add a camera stand and all will come to your door for about $125.

https://www.amazon.com/Competition-Elec ... hronograph
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

I have a LabRadar. Does pick up the subs. Nice not having to attach anything to my barrel or call a closed range to make an adjustment. A bit spendy but worth it. there are sales going on for these.
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

I like my Pro Chrono Digital as well.
batman4706
Silent But Deadly

Post by batman4706 »

Big fan of Labradar, use it on cloudy days or at night if you want to. Customer service responds quickly to questions.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

smustian wrote:Pro Chrono. Add a camera stand and all will come to your door for about $125.

This is my choice as well with the infrared light source. I have mine set up on a 55 gal drum in a storage building beside our house.

Whatever brand you get put some type of wood barrier in front of the brains of the thing or you or a friend will someday shoot it. I use a stack of 2x6s turned up on end. I have also found clear straping tape over the eyes keep dust off of them and does not interfere with the reading.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

hardcase wrote:
smustian wrote:Pro Chrono. Add a camera stand and all will come to your door for about $125.

This is my choice as well with the infrared light source. I have mine set up on a 55 gal drum in a storage building beside our house.

Whatever brand you get put some type of wood barrier in front of the brains of the thing or you or a friend will someday shoot it. I use a stack of 2x6s turned up on end. I have also found clear straping tape over the eyes keep dust off of them and does not interfere with the reading.
Thanks guys. I got it ordered this morning, and will be in on Wed. I'm not too worried about shooting it. The top of unit is set below bench height, and it doesn't get loaned out. Worst thing that could happen is hitting one of the screens.
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

I ordered extra screens and rods with mine in case I get sloppy... Haven't hit it yet, but at least I have them.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

Scratch wrote:I ordered extra screens and rods with mine in case I get sloppy... Haven't hit it yet, but at least I have them.

Hahaha
I always get super nervous putting the shotgun over it
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

Walkers Bay wrote:
Scratch wrote:I ordered extra screens and rods with mine in case I get sloppy... Haven't hit it yet, but at least I have them.

Hahaha
I always get super nervous putting the shotgun over it
I'd definitely kill one with a shotgun :mrgreen: