$22.43 for shipping 1 box of ammo???

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300black
Silent Operator

$22.43 for shipping 1 box of ammo???

Post by 300black »

I was attempting to order some Lehigh Defence 300 AAC Blackout 194gr Subsonic Maximum Expansion for hunting and only found it at 2 places, Lehigh Defence own webpage and a place called Beck Ammunition. I attempted to place orders on both as the ammo was the nearly the same price at each to see how expensive each's shipping was. Lehigh Defence shipping was $7.94 while Beck Ammunition was $22.43!!!

What, that was almost as much as the cost of the bullets. How can Beck or any other store stay in business with shipping costs that high? Luckily I was able to purchase the ammo from Lehigh Defence because $22.43 for shipping is crazy.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Re: $22.43 for shipping 1 box of ammo???

Post by mbogo »

It's all predicated on the contract they have with their shipper.

There's a seller who charges $13 to ship a single 1911 magazine; all his items are shipped via UPS at a similarly high rate so I don't buy from him.

mbogo
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: $22.43 for shipping 1 box of ammo???

Post by plant.one »

this is why when shopping online its important to look at landed cost (price + shipping) before you make your purchase decisions.

the shipper needs to get paid for their part of the deal, and distance to ship comes into play as well as package size. real easy for a small vendor to screw up the packaging dimensions for a single item and have a really bad shipping calculation in their cart software. GIGO and all that.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.