God Bless the folks in SE Texas

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Re: God Bless the folks in SE Texas

Post by steven11b »

Supposedly the guy was such a little pussy he dropped his gun once the local resident started to engage him and ran. Sad some little pathetic low life would do this and his name will be forgotten in a day or 2. If there is a Hell this guy deserves a front row seat.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

looks like he was also a wife beater, and a known troublemaker in school too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heism.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hiped.html
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Distressing!! I could not believe this, in church of all places.

Though I could carrying concealed into my church the thought of shooting someone in God's house is so revolting I don't think I could pull the trigger. I'm not that good of a shot too. The perpetrator in this case must have known this is the way most folks feel.

There was a former Secret Service Agent that outlined all the characteristics of a soft target. Church, no matter what the religion, has a bunch. Of the ones I remember: People come in from one door at the back and face the front, usually in a reverent manor. There is little cover. Most who can carry concealed don't in church. A packed crowd with little room to maneuver and escape. There were others.

Maybe churches need to have ushers who carry concealed and are good shots.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

I just finished watching the live feed from Texas

I hadn’t heard about any of this. I have been behind the wheel for about 14hours, I hit home late last night got up real early at the road again. I have just been out of loop. Don’t know what to say but this has to stop, it simply has to stop.

May god bless all those effected.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

one thing i've noticed is the deafening silence regarding this guy's political beleifs.... dont want to speculate too much - but if he was a conservative/right wing of any flavor thats probably all we'd be hearing about right now.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Thank you, Mr. Willeford
The “good guy with a gun” who reportedly shot and wounded the alleged gunman at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday has been named in media reports as Stephen Willeford, 55, a local plumber.

The Daily Mail reports that a local resident claims Willeford managed to shoot the alleged gunman, Devin Patrick Kelley, 26, between the plates of the body armor that he was wearing. Willeford is described as a plumber and motorcycle enthusiast with no military experience but with excellent aim.

According to an eyewitness interviewed by KENS 5, Willeford stopped the gunman by firing at him with his own rifle from outside the church, then by pursuing him afterwards:

Our neighbor, he’s a very good guy, a very big Christian, he’s the nicest man on the planet, he’ll do anything for anyone around here. We’ve known him for years. He’s childhood friends with my dad. He … came with his [gun], and he took cover behind a car, and he shot the guy, I’m not sure if it was inside the church or the guy was coming out, but if it wasn’t for him, the guy wouldn’t have stopped. And then that’s when the guy got in his vehicle and drove off. And our friend shot through the window at him, trying to get him again, and then he apparently crashed down the road.

He added: “If it wasn’t for our friend … there might have been more lives lost.”

Local law enforcement officials reported that the gunman dropped his weapon after being shot at by the “local citizen,”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ngendorff/
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Also, it appears I posted out of date/incorrect information.... Originally church carry was prohibited in Texas, but now a church has to post a 30.06 sign if it doesn't want to allow carry.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

It would seem to bear repeating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE9qooFUqsk
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I started carrying a gun almost 20 years ago. When a few friends found out I carried at church they almost all made fun of me in some way. Always asking "why do you need a gun in church?" I always told them I would rather have and not need it then need it and not have it. For years I was the only one at my church that took this seriously. It is how I developed my sig line.

Thankfully now it is different. After the last church shooting I talked with my pastor and presented to the church the simplest plan I could. The one great thing for our church is that we have more than a couple of experienced shooters many who are either active or ex military and some special forces.

From the very beginning I have run scenario after scenario in my head, at the church house by myself, and eventually at my range sometimes with some of the men but often by myself. The one thing I concluded over the years of doing this, is there is no way to plan 100% and the plan has got to be simple. There are simply way to many variables to concoct a elaborate active shooter reaction. I realized early on that the only one I can control is myself and prayerfully the training I have instilled in my wife and children. After talking with my pastor and a few of the most experienced shooters. The plan broke down to this.

For those who do not carry, the best thing you can do is grab the nearest child and get on the floor. For those who carry firearm and are willing to use it. (this is a very import distinction) Those individuals have got to be aware of the target, what is between them and the target and what is beyond the target. Certain placement in the sanctuary does not allow for a clear shot, not because of what is in between but because of what is beyond. Mainly the position of our nursery. Lastly, don't shoot me in the back.

The last part was somewhat tongue in cheek, I trust most of the ones that would be in a position where I was between them and the target.

What I also realized is even with those simplistic instructions, there will be someone who panics and there is nothing I can do about it. When I came to this realization, I also realized that if this type of horrible situation happened. Someone I know well is going to die, which could very easily include family. That was a hard realization to accept. But accept it I had to. Because, accepting that reality meant that if I accepted it, then when it happened, it would not distract me from addressing and dealing with the immediate threat. Some I have spoken to found that line of thinking a bit cold. And I agree, but it is reality. I hope that if the horrible type situation where to happen in my church, that I could push thru. And I pray no one would fall and if no one did, then Praise the Lord for it.

This is our reality today.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

It seems the warrior mentality has been lost. The willingness to die, but before your life blood has ebbed you have ripped the throat from your attacker.
Not saying this is what happened in Texas. It just seems no one reacts like the folks 2 generations back. I doubt they had much of a chance being ambushed that way. I don't know, it's so f*&ked up that I can only speculate, which brings nobody back to life and only serves the living to argue about.
The fact that this happened in a community similar to mine just .......well, I still don't have the words. I am still at a loss.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.