Spikes has a new lower marketed to the millennials...looks promising!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Re: Spikes has a new lower marketed to the millennials...looks promising!

Post by RAINS »

You know I've always gotten along with dogs better than people. Hell, I live in Oregon. I'm sure it's legal here to have a "species change" operation. :mrgreen:

R
emmagee1917
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Spikes has a new lower marketed to the millennials...looks promising!

Post by emmagee1917 »

They are out !!!! Bought one a couple of weeks ago . Went to the local engraver and had a sad faced snowflake placed on the blank side of the mag housing . Built it up with a Magpul ACS mill spec and a Limbsaver recoil pad as well as a Franklin Armory BSF3 . I also sent off the paperwork to get it SBR'd . Have a Spikes Hell breaker lower SBR'd and fitted the same . With a H2 buffer and standard carbine spring the binary functioned 100 % with a 4.5 inch suppressed .22Lr upper , a 10.5 inch .223 upper , a 9 inch 300 B/O upper ( both 115 gr super and 220 gr subs supressed ) and a 8 inch .458 Socom with 300 gr supers . The Snowflake should do the same . I'll try it out with the 20 inch .223 , 16 inch 300 B/O ( super and subs suppressed ) and the 16-inch .458 Socom ( also supers and subs suppressed ) .
I must confess the 8-inch 458 with 300 gr supers was a bit brutal on binary . About like my friends Winchester 375 H&H he had out and a bit more than my Barrett M82A1 which I also had out for the first time .
Chris