Looking for a new round on a AR platform looking for a LQC setup any help?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GunChild4Life

Looking for a new round on a AR platform looking for a LQC setup any help?

Post by GunChild4Life »

So I have been looking for a perfect LQC round on a AR platform as you can tell from the subject, I am severely confused about this. I don't really know ballistics but if you guys can help me out that would be amazing, just link the parts! And I am up for discussion if you would like to talk to me. :?:
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for a new round on a AR platform looking for a LQC setup any help?

Post by smustian »

LQC ???? Ballistics you can figure out here once you choose a round and chrono for velocity put pf your rifle. http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jb ... mp-5.1.cgi
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Might be able to help if I understood the goal, but I'm not even sure what LQC means :oops:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Low Quarters Combat - for very short operators. There again, I don't own a tactical dictionary. :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

I had to look up LQC too; closest I could find is reference to Close Quarter Combat, suggesting that LQC is 'Long Quarter Combat', ie, long engagement distances.

In that case, a .308, .338 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmore, etc would seem fitting, on an AR-10 platform.

But hey, I'm not an operator operating operationally, and never was. So what do I know?

Good luck, OP...
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Sithlord wrote:I had to look up LQC too; closest I could find is reference to Close Quarter Combat, suggesting that LQC is 'Long Quarter Combat', ie, long engagement distances.

In that case, a .308, .338 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmore, etc would seem fitting, on an AR-10 platform.

But hey, I'm not an operator operating operationally, and never was. So what do I know?

Good luck, OP...
That's probable Sith. Everyone's definition of long is different, just ask Plant what 12 inches looks like :lol:
Seriously though, from 0-500 I'd feel OK with the Blackout, loaded correctly and a proper battle optic. Not sure this is what the OP means though.
Maybe he will respond back and enlighten us old men.
Other guesses are Light Quantum Configurations, Limited Quiver Connections and Lordly Quizzed Canadians.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

I have been having too much fun lately shooting the SCAR 17. It is what I would want for distance.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I too like FN.

Though mine is an old school FAL.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

rebel wrote:
Sithlord wrote:I had to look up LQC too; closest I could find is reference to Close Quarter Combat, suggesting that LQC is 'Long Quarter Combat', ie, long engagement distances.

Good luck, OP...
That's probable Sith. Everyone's definition of long is different, just ask Plant what 12 inches looks like :lol:
Seriously though, from 0-500 I'd feel OK with the Blackout, loaded correctly and a proper battle optic. Not sure this is what the OP means though.
Maybe he will respond back and enlighten us old men.
Other guesses are Light Quantum Configurations, Limited Quiver Connections and Lordly Quizzed Canadians.

OP is DEFINITELY an operator operating operationally....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujdsH8Pqyf0
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Apparently :roll: