Trajectories at various distances with 25 yard zero

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Trajectories at various distances with 25 yard zero

Post by dellet »

The trajectory never changes until you get to a ridiculous hold over. All you do is superimpose the same arc of flight over different ranges.

A 30/200 yard zero gives you about a 4" high point at 100 yards. 4" is a reasonable size for vitals.

Since the dot is 2 MOA, split that to top and bottom zeros.

A 100 yard zero at the top of the dot gives you a +/-1" from 30-130 yards. If you use the bottom of the dot under 30 and over 150, you will never be out of the vitals between 0-200 yards.

This requires range time, as well as book time to verify velocity, drops and distances.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

dellet wrote:
This requires range time, as well as book time to verify velocity, drops and distances.
HAHAHA Too Funny!!!! Actually go to the range and put in some time and effort? LOL

If my stuff does not work when I need it then I just start the reason with "Well Dellet said....." :mrgreen:
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

If you've got an Android phone or tablet try out Strelok or spend $5.49 and get Strelok+. It's one of the best apps I have on my phone. There may be an IOS version but I'm not sure.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ov.strelok

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... trelokplus
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

FWIW, with black tips and SBR's, I start out at 33 meters and put rounds on paper for the various other distances that I'm concerned with. Depending on my results from that, I'll make some further adjustments.