Bootleg

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Leu-cifer

Bootleg

Post by Leu-cifer »

Anyone here using the bootleg adjustable BCG? I'm thinking about getting one. Also planning on getting a JP adjustable gas block... any insights on having both the BCG and gas block adjustable? I'm assuming it would allow for finer tuning of the gas system and quicker change from supers to subs...
jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Re: Bootleg

Post by jimmyheadgear »

Leu-cifer wrote:Anyone here using the bootleg adjustable BCG? I'm thinking about getting one. Also planning on getting a JP adjustable gas block... any insights on having both the BCG and gas block adjustable? I'm assuming it would allow for finer tuning of the gas system and quicker change from supers to subs...
I stopped using my Bootleg with my BLK, wasn't needed. I switched it over to a .556 gun where it really made a difference. I'm a lefty shooter.
Leu-cifer

Post by Leu-cifer »

jimmyheadgear wrote:
Leu-cifer wrote:Anyone here using the bootleg adjustable BCG? I'm thinking about getting one. Also planning on getting a JP adjustable gas block... any insights on having both the BCG and gas block adjustable? I'm assuming it would allow for finer tuning of the gas system and quicker change from supers to subs...
I stopped using my Bootleg with my BLK, wasn't needed. I switched it over to a .556 gun where it really made a difference. I'm a lefty shooter.

Even switching between supperessed and unsuppressed the bootleg didn't make a difference?
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Wat is a bootleg. Where I live "bootleg" is an adjective used in front of whiskey. :roll:
jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Post by jimmyheadgear »

Leu-cifer wrote:Even switching between supperessed and unsuppressed the bootleg didn't make a difference?
There is a difference switching between suppressed and unsuppressed. For me, the gas isn't that bad on BLK. I also mainly use mine suppressed.

It didn't seem needed with my BLK because I was always running it on setting 1 or 2. With my 556 it's always on setting 4.
attila.
Silent But Deadly

Post by attila. »

hardcase wrote:Wat is a bootleg. Where I live "bootleg" is an adjective used in front of whiskey. :roll:
They're talking about a carrier that limits exhausted gases made by Bootleg, Inc., the non-piston off-shoot brand of Primary Weapons System.
http://bootleginc.com/product/bootleg-a ... e-carrier/