blk n00b

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: blk n00b

Post by dellet »

I use different powders for different barrel lengths, sometimes bullet weights. The shorter the barrel/heavier bullet, the faster the powder.

The problem is some loads won't work without the suppressor.

You will find very few of the Vihtavuori powders in 8 pounders, N120 is not one of them.

I use a lot of #9 and N105.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
jaydee1445

Post by jaydee1445 »

plant.one wrote:
is 1.5 cents/round really going to hurt your shooting budget that much?

$37/700= $0.053 cents per round powder cost - that's hardly benz pricing. live a little, clean a little less :p

if you can score some shooters world blackout - test that. do-63 is a nice clean powder as well, but again you're still gonna be around 4 cents a shot give or take a half penny.

I got my cheap streak from my Pa. Dutch Grandmother.

Calling around to see what I could find local I've hooked up with a manufacturer that is going to work up some loads for my pistols in exchange for running him through dealer optics 101 trainingImage
Last edited by jaydee1445 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

jaydee1445 wrote:
rebel wrote:A1680 works and cycles great. Downside is is loud and dirty. R7, 4227 work as well. Look in pet loads for some other ideas.
Thanks Rebel..... Last night I was hoping my BS hadn't alienated two of the senior members here. :mrgreen: I'm sure we will hit it off if we ever meet in meatspace http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =meatspace. The Apple Pie will be on me..
I'll have to see what I can find at the upcoming gun show for powder. I couldn't find n120 in 8 lb jugs online. I'll get a pound of it if they have it and try some of the others for a cheaper alternative to stockpile.
Still have to look at the pet loads but the slower end of suitable powders seem to getting love for suppressed short pistols.
Glad you defined "meatspace". :shock:
I thought you were inviting me to a party I didn't want to attend. I mean, what you do with the space your meat is in is your business bro. :mrgreen:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
jaydee1445

Post by jaydee1445 »

rebel wrote: Glad you defined "meatspace". :shock:
I thought you were inviting me to a party I didn't want to attend. I mean, what you do with the space your meat is in is your business bro. :mrgreen:
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

dellet wrote: I use a lot of #9 and N105.
#9 has been my go to now for a good bit. I need to buy me some heavy supers now so I can get rid of all that 1680 I stocked up on when I first got into the caliber.

I've yet to run any of the VV powders because I've never seen 105,110,120 on the selves here. One of these days I'll ask if the shop owner can track some down for me.
jaydee1445

Post by jaydee1445 »

rebel wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm OK, suppressed subs. In your other thread you didn't really specify except for a replacement for H110, which I gave. For suppressed subs, bar none, N120 is the best powder I have ever used. Couple of guys here had talked about how great it was, then posted groups. I finally laid my hands on some and it just floored me how easily I found my load and how clean it was. Everything else doesn't come close.
After stirring the pot with my n00b B/S I got sick and couldn't work so funds dried up.... 3 years later I'm back in the game and ready to purchase a jug of powder. Is N120 still the best choice for suppressed subs? I have both a 8.5" and 10.5".