Too Late?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Too Late?

Post by tallburnedmidget »

That's a damn shame. The AAC upper/barrels were the only ones I knew that had the 30cal modified feed ramps. My AAC upper is amazing in quality. I hate to see them go :(
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

A lot of the aac love is from their warranty/repair department. Or, perhaps more appropriately, trying to find any reason to blame it on rather than repair or replace the part department.

I've heard numerous complaints about them.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Rustyk

Post by Rustyk »

tallburnedmidget wrote:That's a damn shame. The AAC upper/barrels were the only ones I knew that had the 30cal modified feed ramps. My AAC upper is amazing in quality. I hate to see them go :(
Which is why I originally wanted to go with them. I pulled the trigger on a different brand yesterday. Time to start the SBR paperwork.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

I got a full MPW 12.5" last summer, which is still in NFA jail. Such a bummer that they didn't keep their full rifles and uppers going. Capitalism is the best but sometimes the good guys lose.

My 9" AAC upper has been flawless. Makes me wonder what would have been if Sandy Hook didn't happen (not opening the door about a false flag) and Obama wasn't AS much of an anti gun nut.
RWA007
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RWA007 »

I have the 9 inch AAC upper on my SBR and I love it. It was expensive and I DID have to deal with the service department at Advanced Armament TWICE...which was not a good experience...but after all was said and done, it's my favorite upper of all my AR's.

The reason I purchased it was because it was pretty much guaranteed to work with pretty much any ammo in any phase (supers, subs, supers suppressed, subs suppressed) and it does work as advertised...but then again, so does my Daniel Defense Ambush factory rifle in 300blk! (16")

They DO pop up on Gunbroker every now and then. (especically the 12.5" uppers) Some other good brands have been listed in this thread but if I ever have to put together another SBR in 300blk I would definitely look for another AAC upper. Even used.

Hope this helps.
Randy

Edit: Just checked gunbroker .com....there are quite a few 12.5" MPW complete rifles out there for sale, and one 12.5" AAC upper for auction...