Is this a good, reliable Subsonic 300 Blackout round?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

InMyHumbleOpinion
Silent But Deadly

Re: Is this a good, reliable Subsonic 300 Blackout round?

Post by InMyHumbleOpinion »

Is that for real? I can barley load 220gr for that.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

InMyHumbleOpinion wrote:Is that for real? I can barley load 220gr for that.

Is it good ammo?
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

My first thought is that you get what you pay for. Honestly though someone is going just going to haft be the guinea pig. You can order 500 rounds and that is what I would do. They also have 120g supers for $390 per thousand rounds. Looks like the subs are loaded with Barry's plated bullets. Just make sure to test them before firing threw your can.
I'll tell you this much if the ammo is any good they are going to sell trucks loads of it. They should send out some samples to board members for review. (members like me!!)

R
talk300

Post by talk300 »

RAINS wrote:My first thought is that you get what you pay for. Honestly though someone is going just going to haft be the guinea pig. You can order 500 rounds and that is what I would do. They also have 120g supers for $390 per thousand rounds. Looks like the subs are loaded with Barry's plated bullets. Just make sure to test them before firing threw your can.
I'll tell you this much if the ammo is any good they are going to sell trucks loads of it. They should send out some samples to board members for review. (members like me!!)

R

Thanks. I never thought about shooting it without the can first. Why is that?
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

talk300 wrote: I never thought about shooting it without the can first. Why is that?
Because cans cost a lot of money. :mrgreen:

No point in destroying the baffles if the bullet isn't stable.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

You need to make sure the load/bullet you are shooting is stable coming out of the mussel. Otherwise it can impact the inside of your suppressor and destroy it. Every new brand, load, bullet type and even different ammo lots need to be tested just to be careful. It's easy though. Fire some rounds threw some thick cardboard from fairly close up. Then try it again at 100ish yards. If they all have perfectly round holes you should be fine. If the holes are bigger than .30cal or they look sideways don't shoot them threw your can.
Most .300blk factory ammo is fine. However it's always better to be safe than sorry. After all it's not like silencers are cheap and or easy to get. Good luck!

R
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

some information on just what type of bullet they loaded would be a good start . I am not much of a plinker so my opinion may be a it on the jaded side .
I prefer to load a bullet I can use to put meat on the table .
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

RAINS wrote:You need to make sure the load/bullet you are shooting is stable coming out of the mussel. Otherwise it can impact the inside of your suppressor and destroy it. Every new brand, load, bullet type and even different ammo lots need to be tested just to be careful. It's easy though. Fire some rounds threw some thick cardboard from fairly close up. Then try it again at 100ish yards. If they all have perfectly round holes you should be fine. If the holes are bigger than .30cal or they look sideways don't shoot them threw your can.
Most .300blk factory ammo is fine. However it's always better to be safe than sorry. After all it's not like silencers are cheap and or easy to get. Good luck!

R

Thanks!

Great to know. I would have never thought of this. I have been shooting Remington UMC and haven't had any problems. Just bought some Sellier Bellot subsonic ammo and will test it without the suppressor to make sure it shoots straight before I use the can on it.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

RAINS wrote:You need to make sure the load/bullet you are shooting is stable coming out of the mussel. Otherwise it can impact the inside of your suppressor and destroy it. Every new brand, load, bullet type and even different ammo lots need to be tested just to be careful. It's easy though. Fire some rounds threw some thick cardboard from fairly close up. Then try it again at 100ish yards. If they all have perfectly round holes you should be fine. If the holes are bigger than .30cal or they look sideways don't shoot them threw your can.

R

This looks good to me. Do you guys think these bullets holes look like these bullets will shoot well out of the suppressor? (Don't worry about the accuracy, I was just shooting to hit the paper and in a rush.). These are Sellier Bellot .220 grain subsonic rounds.