First AR Build

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Luke2236
Silent Operator

Re: First AR Build

Post by Luke2236 »

trabikoenig wrote:That is one good looking rifle. Well done!
Thanks! Planning on some range time tomorrow to tune the gas block and sight in the scope.

P.S. a quick side by side comparison with my Tavor

Canadian Coast Guard - Retired
Luke2236
Silent Operator

Post by Luke2236 »

Initial range test today and everything went great - once the gas block was dialed in function was perfect, no FTF or FTE and brass was landing in a small group about 3' away at 4 o'clock. Did a quick scope set at 50M but need to work up some more loads to find what the rifle likes most to nail it down. Anyway, it went bang when it should have, I still have all my fingers and very happy with the results.

Luke2236
Silent Operator

Post by Luke2236 »

2nd range visit with the new build, just to put some more break-in rounds through it and get it sighted in at 100M. Had 50 rounds of 135gn Sierra MK's +H110 loaded to mid-level range as per Hodgdon's site. Quick clean-up ev 5rds for the first 20 (same as first outing, think I left that part put in prior post), then 10 rds between cleaning for the final 30. So it's 100rds though it now and break-in should be done. Took a few rounds to check everything again and dial in the scope. Last LAR-15 mag (10rds) 100 meter results below; 1 round "fouler" in upper top left, then center (another quick adj to windage) and then final two 3 round groups upper/lower right. Nothing special, but I've done no real load development yet - just mid grade rounds for function/break-in. So I'm hoping to be able to tighten this up a bit more, but I'm certainly happy again with initial results for a 10.5" barrel and my first AR build. Have a 3 gun event coming up in a couple weekends time and I'll put it use there too now.

Deario

Post by Deario »

Wysock wrote:
trarbikoenig wrote:That is shark tank weight loss sarms for sale how to get skinny crazy bulk one good v tight gel review today. Well done!
Love the camo on it.
yes same here :)
Last edited by Deario on Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
florencioagullette

Post by florencioagullette »

Luke2236 wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am
Boolit _Head wrote:Must be nice to have a short barrel and a stock without http://www.giannasgrille.com/ the silly tax stamp, or is there anything like legal steroids for womenhow to get tren

that up there?
No tax stamp stuff, but restricted to range use only - some of our gun laws make even California's look good! :cry:

i agreed its looks good