This is seriously gonna cut into my shooting time

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: This is seriously gonna cut into my shooting time

Post by cwlongshot »

Nice BOAT pics, I for one would much rather see the FISH PICS!! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm in the NO BOAT club here too. (I dont count the 17' Scanoe) BUT I have good friends who do!

Im on the EAST coast right on the ocean, but in the rather protected Long Island Sound.

This is the boat owner. Only fair his pic comes up first! Fluke:

Pops with a 13# Bluefish.

I get my share too:

Love these too...

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

Nice hauls, CW!

Biggest thing I've caught since going on hiatus from fishing about 18 years ago was a 22" walleye last year (first year back at it with any regularity). It was delicious even if it wasn't a monster.

Word on the street is the Northern are biting.

Being low and slow is more relaxing than being in a bigger craft (to me anyway).

This is the St Croix river between MN and WI.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

plant.one wrote:see - if more boat/fishing guests did this... more folks would be willing to take their buddies along boating/fishing with them.

props to you for being an awesome fishing buddy!

Thanks, but it really is a win/win as far as I see it......and I really do think I am coming out way ahead on the deal. Coincidentally, we went today. It was very windy today and we had a hard time catching fish on Wheeler Lake (Tennessee River) He caught one decent bass early on and we struggled until almost dark to catch anything, but we caught about ten more about 45 minutes before dark. My first fish (largemouth bass) was the biggest at about 2 1/2 lbs on a Shaky Head worm. (This was the second time I had used a Shaky Head rig.) The other fish we caught were not that big, but I was happy with finally catching something.

Like I said, I think I benefit the most as he has to keep the boat maintained. The little devil swiped his card at the gas pump before I could get to it today though. He said he is down to about one decent rod/reel while were fishing, as he has worn out all the others. I let him use my new Lews rod/reel combo I bought from Cabela's and he said he really liked it. It is not high-end, but decent, so I might pick up one for him.

Wow, those are some nice fish pics. I'm a little jealous.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

TMD wrote:
smustian wrote:BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand

Looks like fun though. 8)
Yeah I've owned enough boats over the years to know their a money pit. I actually went to a dealership to look at a used one and she didn't like it so she picked out this one. I don't know if I should be ecstatic having a wife who wants a boat or be suspect that she cheated on me and felt guilty. Either way its a win win for me.

Hahaha.

Awesome boat! Enjoy!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Jim Timber wrote:Nice hauls, CW!

Biggest thing I've caught since going on hiatus from fishing about 18 years ago was a 22" walleye last year (first year back at it with any regularity). It was delicious even if it wasn't a monster.
quite honestly, once they get above that 24" mark, the quality of walleye falls off - Except for the cheek meat which is the Filet Mignon of fish! when we chased walleye regularly we used to save up all summer to have enough cheek filets to have a proper meal out of them, but damn is it worth the effort. Yummy!

I prefer to eat walleye in the 17-21" size range - they're big enough to get good filets off them, but still young enough for the meat to be prime. YMMV.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Nic56 wrote:
plant.one wrote:see - if more boat/fishing guests did this... more folks would be willing to take their buddies along boating/fishing with them.

props to you for being an awesome fishing buddy!

Thanks, but it really is a win/win as far as I see it......and I really do think I am coming out way ahead on the deal.
oh yea.. the guy going along for the trip - even if you're buying the gas, snacks, beverages, bait and ice is totally coming out ahead. I'm 100% with you on the win/win thing.

Like I said, I think I benefit the most as he has to keep the boat maintained. The little devil swiped his card at the gas pump before I could get to it today though.
its one of those type of things now huh? lol Let the games begin!

have a few friends that play like that when they come in town to visit. Bunch of us will go out to dinner, then its a sneaky race to see who can pickup the tab without the others knowing about it first. One time I managed to get everyone so good, that we sat around for like 15 or 20 mins before someone else finally asked the waitress when she was bringing the bills to the table out lol - totally worth the extra wait. I was nice enough to let the hooligans tip though :mrgreen:
He said he is down to about one decent rod/reel while were fishing, as he has worn out all the others. I let him use my new Lews rod/reel combo I bought from Cabela's and he said he really liked it. It is not high-end, but decent, so I might pick up one for him.
if he grouses about it... tell him he should have let you you buy gas last time ya'll went out :mrgreen: 8)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Jim Timber wrote:Being low and slow is more relaxing than being in a bigger craft (to me anyway).
True. On the other hand, my wife has a hard time tipping an 18 foot outboard. :lol:
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

bangbangping wrote:
Jim Timber wrote:Being low and slow is more relaxing than being in a bigger craft (to me anyway).
True. On the other hand, my wife has a hard time tipping an 18 foot outboard. :lol:
If I wanted noise, I'd bring mine with. :P

Truth be told, I was looking for a 9hp runabout to fish the rivers with when I got the yak. We have some "no-motors allowed" lakes that've proven to be the best place to paddle and fish in the Metro just for the serenity (fishing's pretty decent too).

The FIL has a little 14' Bayliner at the cabin, but I don't like fishing out of it on our lake. I don't really like our lake for that matter. Lots of idiots on it.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Carnivore

Post by Carnivore »

Oh Damn, That's EPIC 8)
~Outlaw Jose Wales~
Dyin' Ain't Much Of A Livin' Boy
Carnivore

Post by Carnivore »

Carnivore wrote:Oh Damn, That's EPIC 8)