Your best group

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Your best group

Post by rebel »

Take a pill Guest. :mrgreen:

Measured it at the shop real quick with dial calipers and snapped the pick to resurrect the thread. Forgot to put the calipers in the pic.
Center diamond is 1/4 inch. First time I shot that particular load.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

rebel wrote:Still waiting on Swampdog :roll:
It's gonna be a while, the NRC has me by the short and curlys right now. The gun is ready and I've done a little load development for it but not enough yet, no time to really get serious with it. It doesn't count but here is 7 or 8 shots, can't remember exactly, at 600yds with factory prime ammo. 8"x11" steel, 5-10mph wind
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Nice. Just giving you crap Swamp, no worries.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Alright alright, this ain't the group I wanted to be posting but this is the best the yeller flies let me do today.

.525"

And just for shits and giggles here's a 10 shot group of 140gn ELD-M, every one of them was a different charge weight ranging from 41.4gr at the low end to 43.1gr on the high.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Nice swamp! Like you, not the group I wanted to show but I'm getting closer. Heavy hunting reticle in the Trijicon, harder to "aim small".
When I scrape up the funds, a Sightron S3 will sit on top of it. Still, I got the vertical and horizontal to a minimum.
.299 6 BR 105 VLD 29.7 gr. Varget
Fallingforitbad

Post by Fallingforitbad »

The range master at a local WMA range caused the below. It shocked me too.

The below is where a range master was trying out for the first time my newly built 22-250. I had just put it on paper. Scope was way off. I know I should have used my bore sight tool, but I had left it at home.

He did a 5 group and then a 3 group(it was the last I had loaded). He sort of snarled a little and challenge me. I pulled out the 6mm Dasher and shot my last 3 rounds I had in my box. Yep, it shocked me too. The rounds you see to the left is from an AR 15 in 223. We are working on loads. I plan on loading some soon to do some 5 shot groups with my Dasher, but for now I am working on the 250 and my son-n-laws ar.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I know you had only 3 left, and you shut the door on the RO's head, but I can't begin to count how many beautiful 3 shot groups I have fired, only to have them spread to so-so in the next two shots :oops: Good shooting though, that dasher is something.
Fallingforitbad

Yep, me too. I wanted 5 shots so bad while it was going good and no wind.
I had a .106 in a match with 5 with it and I felt I was on a roll to break that and have maybe a 0 5er group (the first one with it).
Oh well :roll:
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Did some fireforming yesterday. Brand new Lapua brass. 5 shot groups can be frustrating, especially when #5 is the one you drop. :oops:
First 4 measured like .13something or other and then -CHOKE! Dammit.
Fallingforitbad

Rebel,
Still a nice group. I won't complain with those. I am trying to get a range up and running. 1000 yarder for us nuts. Privately owned land and best part. Son-in-law is part owner. He loves to shoot too.