Adjustable block with side adjustment screw.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dpete
Silent But Deadly

Adjustable block with side adjustment screw.

Post by dpete »

Who makes an adjustable gas block that has the adjustment screw on the side rather than in the front? My 8" barrelled SBR wears a 10" handguard and I would prefer not to have to fish a super long allen wrench down past the suppressor and into the block. Drilling an access hole in the handguard is no problem to get to the side adjustment screw if its necessary.
cmcleod
Silent Operator

Re: Adjustable block with side adjustment screw.

Post by cmcleod »

dpete wrote:Who makes an adjustable gas block that has the adjustment screw on the side rather than in the front? My 8" barrelled SBR wears a 10" handguard and I would prefer not to have to fish a super long allen wrench down past the suppressor and into the block. Drilling an access hole in the handguard is no problem to get to the side adjustment screw if its necessary.
With a 90 degree allen and a hole in the right place (and large enough) you can probably make a front adjust work.
dpete
Silent But Deadly

Post by dpete »

I don't think so. There is about 3/16" between the suppressor and the handguard.

The green pen is the rear of the suppressor and the white one is the front of the gas block. Anything going in from the front would have to be awfully small and very long.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

What he is saying dpete is you could still use a front adjust by fishing the Allen key into the slot in front of the gas block. I just don't know if you would have enough play to make the adjustment or not.
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

I guess I never adjust my adjustable gas blocks after getting them setup. But those are both on guns that only shoot 1 load.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
dpete
Silent But Deadly

Post by dpete »

SwampDog_13 wrote:What he is saying dpete is you could still use a front adjust by fishing the Allen key into the slot in front of the gas block. I just don't know if you would have enough play to make the adjustment or not.
Understood. Any side adjust recommendations?
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Wish I could help but I've never ran an adjustable gas block. I believe JP rifles makes a side adjust block though.
Jeffa

Post by Jeffa »

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I have been using the Battle Tested Equipment (BTE) blocks for a few years now. I have nothing but great things to say about them. They make an all 17-4 stainless adjustable gas block for under $50 shipped. But whatever you get make sure to use the clamp on type rather than the setscrew on the bottom type. The setscrew type can come loose unexpectedly. Another reason is because it is not being clamped around the barrel there is only a small amount of the gas block actually touching the barrel at the gas port. I have seen them cause cycling issues from gas escaping from the not so perfect mating surfaces. It doesn't happen with all of them but most have a small amount of leakage until the carbon seals them up.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
InMyHumbleOpinion
Silent But Deadly

Post by InMyHumbleOpinion »

I bought one a couple of years ago from Black Flag Firearms but I have not been access their page, here is their address and phone number:
2100 College Dr
Lake Havasu City, Arizona

(928) 566-7744